Today's guest is Mark Hartzell (editor on True Blood, Agent Carter, Animal Kingdom) to talk about how he got into TV editing and what the differences are between TV editors and feature film editors.
We talked about:
- What it's like transitioning from show-to-show often
- How does the workflow differ between shows?
- How do you know when to say "No" to a script?
- ...and how do you do it politely and professionally so that bridges don't get burned?
- And how does an editor work their way onto one of the BIG shows like Agent Carter? (or how can Nick weasel his way into working on The Golden Compass series?)