Hellooooooo? Can anyone hear us?
Oh, wait. Someone’s there? Oh! It’s you! You, dear listener, are there! Did you forget about us?
We know it’s been awhile. It’s been awhile for us too. We, Nick and Josh, haven’t caught up since before the holidays (yeah…that long ago) and in this episode we get into all sorts of post production topics that have been going on in our lives recently.
- We’ll dive into Nick’s film, one that’s been in “post hell,” that Nick has been resurrecting.
- Josh started a new comedy series and had to make a tough choice between starting it in Premiere or Media Composer.
- Nick applied to join a union, the DGC (Director's Guild of Canada)
- Josh got a kettle bell and has been using it for exercise at his desk regularly
- Nick fell in love with the x5 Challenge on fellow post-production podcast, Fitness in Post
- We talk about Black Mirror, Daredevil (again), Six and basically every TV show out there.
We wrap up the episode talking about an important topic for any editor that charges by the hour.
Do you charge when the computer is working and you aren’t? Do you charge for importing/exporting/rendering/uploading/etc.? Our awesome Facebook group gave us plenty of opinions and we each add our own. Don’t miss this part!